Tucson Holiday Tip-Off
December 17-18, 2016
Thanks for a great tournament!
- Games will begin Saturday morning, and the last games will start at 5 or 6 PM on Sunday
- There will be a $5 daily admission fee for spectators, age 16 and over — under 16 is free.
- All coaches are required to check in prior to first game. Check-in information will be distributed to all coaches via email prior to the tournament.
- Attention Visitors: To ensure a most enjoyable experience, we urge you to click here to review our facility policies, including policies regarding Parking and Outside Food & Beverage.
- If you need a hotel during your visit, please see our Hotel Partners page.
History: In December, 1993, Sporting Chance created and hosted the very first competitive youth basketball tournament in Tucson. Since then, the annual Tucson Holiday Tip-Off has become a Southern Arizona tradition, as many youth club teams use it to “tip-off” their club season.
General Facts: The Tucson Holiday Tip-Off is held every year, one or two weekends before Christmas. Games begin Friday evening and conclude Sunday early evening. Teams are guaranteed a minimum of 4 games, We typically attract 40-60 teams. The Tucson Holiday Tip-Off typically hosts Boys teams 9u through 14u (3rd – 8th grade) and Girls teams 12u and 14u (6th & 8th grade). We typcially start marketing and open registration 6-8 weeks before the tournament.
To check what division your team should play in, click here for Age Guidelines.
Due to limited facility space and an efficient two-day format which guarantees all teams at least 4 games, this tournament sells-out every year. Make sure you are on our mailing list so you do not miss your chance to register.
We hope you will add the annual Sporting Chance Tucson Holiday Tip-Off to your tournament schedule.