The primary role of the Facility Host is to make each guest’s visit to the Sporting Chance Center as positive and appealing as possible.
- Greeting guests with a smile, a friendly “hello,” and a “can do” attitude – your answer to virtually any request is “yes- right away.”
- Constantly patrolling the interior and exterior of the facility to make sure it is clean.
- Preparing the facility (e.g., setting up volleyball nets; moving and placing bleachers, benches, tables in proper location, etc.) for use.
- Performing light maintenance tasks, including sweeping gym floors, emptying trash and recycle containers, maintaining clean restrooms, etc.
- Selling drinks and food items at Center Café.
- This is a part-time position, up to 30 hours per week. Hours will typically be during these periods:
- During the summer (mid-May through mid-August), work hours will generally be between 9:00AM and 9:00PM.
- During the school year, hours will generally be between 2:00PM and 10:00PM weekdays, and 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM weekends.
- Must have good people skills; enjoy interacting with the public and working in a team environment.
- Must be willing to do whatever it takes – no task too small.
- Attention to detail is a must! Must be constantly monitoring the facility for cleanliness and matters that need attention.
- Good general computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
About the Sporting Chance Center:
The Sporting Chance Center is a sports complex at River and La Cholla, used primarily for youth basketball and volleyball (leagues, camps, tournaments), but also for adult sports.