WEEKEND CAFE SUPERVISOR
The primary role of the Weekend Cafe Supervisor is to ensure the Sporting Chance Center Café operates in a professional, clean, healthy, and profitable manner delivers good value to its customers and projects a positive image for the Center.
- Being physically present at the Center on most Saturdays, and some Sundays, to handle all Café operations during busiest periods.
- Monitoring inventory and preparing weekly orders of food, beverages and Café supplies.
- Suggesting and implementing new ideas for improvement of the Café.
- Being an important part of the Center team, being cross-trained on all Center operations, and performing general facility duties when required.
- Must be available to work full days on most Saturdays and some Sundays
- Must have good people skills, enjoy interacting with the public and working in a team environment.
- Must be a “hands-on” worker- not just a “supervisor.”
- Prior food handling experience, familiarity with health department rules, is preferred. Pima County health certification a plus.
- Attention to detail is a must! Needs to take accurate inventory counts, maintain proper inventory levels, and constantly monitor Café for cleanliness.
- Familiarity with, or ability to learn, I-pad based POS system (Shop Keep); good general computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
About the Sporting Chance Center Cafe:
The Sporting Chance Center is a world-class sports complex at River and La Cholla, used primarily for youth basketball and volleyball (leagues, camps, tournaments), but also for adult sports. Weekends are often used for events that attract large crowds. The Café (not a full kitchen) offers bottled drinks (Gatorade, water, juices- no soda), prepackaged food items (sandwiches, fruit cups, snacks) and some “cooked to order” items (pizza, bagels, pretzels). To view a sample menu, click here.